We should be willing to sacrifice everything to follow the Lord.
Being a Disciple of Jesus
· Sometimes we have to give up other things to follow the Lord… like housekeeping. (Sounds good to me!) Luke 10:38-42
· Learn the proper role of prayer. Luke 11:1-4
· Learn how to pray effectively. Luke 11:1
· Ask for what we need. Luke 11:3
· Ask forgiveness and forgive others. Luke 11:4
· Trust in God that he will give when you ask. Luke 11:10
· Seek first for the Kingdom of God. Luke 12:31
· Watch and wait for the Lord. Luke 12:36
· Be prepared for the Lord to come at all times. Luke 12:40
· Follow the commandments to the best of your ability. Luke 13:24
· Be humble and obedient. Luke 14: 16-24
· Give up your life for the Lord Luke 14:33
· Pray with real intent, asking for worthy things. Luke 11: 9-13
“Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.”
As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I have been commanded to prepare for the time when the Lord will return, and also for the times leading up to His return. We have been told that we will all see hard times. Not only do we need to prepare spiritually, but we need to prepare physically as well. My family is working on building up our food storage to last through hard times. We also have a fairly good water supply, ways to transport water, and ways to purify water if needs be. I have a large water tank sitting outside my home that needs to come inside and get filled up. It is my goal to do that before the snow flies here. We have blankets and extra clothing and we have quite a bit of medical supplies as well. Another thing I need to do to make all of our preparations more affective is to organize everything so that it is together and easily accessible. It is also my job to prepare my children for hard times, both spiritually and physically.
According to Luke 14:33 we need to forsake everything we have to be true disciples of Christ.
When we find the treasure of the gospel we need to give up everything else to own it. Matthew 13:44-46
In Omni 1:26 it says that we should offer our whole souls to the Lord and continue in fasting and praying. We should endure to the end and the Lord will save us.
Mosiah 2:34 says that we should remember that we are eternally indebted to our Heavenly Father. We should give him all that we have and all that we are.