Friday, June 5, 2009

Friend Day Out Disney Trip

Well, my good friend Cambria found out that you can go to Disneyland for FREE on your birthday and decided to take advantage of the offer, so she invited.... ME! I love Disneyland so I accepted without even talking to my Hubalicious first, but he's the awesomest and he agreed to watch the boys while I went with Obi and Cambria. Then my awesome Mom (aka. Nana) offered to come with us so she could watch Obi!
She brought along my awesome Aunt (really she's a cousin but she so earned the title of Aunt a long time ago) Dixie, and my Dad (aka. Papa). The 6 of us drove up and we ended up meeting up with a sister from my ward, Cathy, along with her sister, Gretchen, and cousin, Vanessa. I love Splash Mountain!!! I got super soaked, but I didn't mind at all!


It was so much fun to go without the kids (although I find it equally fun with my kids) and we had a blast! I bought Cambria a birthday tiara and my Mom bought her Birthday style Mickey Ears, and she wore both and looked super cute!

At the end of the day we were feeling really tired, and super silly. We wanted to do the Nemo subs but the line was so long, so we asked the line workers (cast members) if they had fast passes and they said no. After chatting with them a little bit about what time would be best to come back the guy disappeared and told us to wait. The girl told us that she thought some birthday magic was taking place, and after a comment about pixie dust and magic in the air the guy showed up again and took us right to the front of the line. No waiting necessary!!! Thanks dude! Cambria and I gave him a huge hug after we got off, and it was all awkward and silly, but we still had a blast!

SILLY STORY: After Nemo we decided to hit Space Mountain! And this is where the magic happened! My Dad and Dixie sat in the front, with Cambria and I right behind. We did the whole ride, screaming the whole way, and right at the end, before they take your picture I felt some water or something fall in my mouth. I was a little disgusted, not knowing what it was, and so I quickly convinced myself that it was just condensation falling from the ceiling, and got over it... although I could still feel it on my tongue...

After we got off the ride we were all kind of wobbly and tired and lagging behind a little, and then Dixie said "I was so scared, and screaming so loud! I had like, this spit, on my face, and I couldn't let go to wipe it off so I felt it go flying off my face...

Immediately the light bulb goes on above my head, and I fall over both from laughing, and shock as I realize that it was her SPIT that landed in my mouth. After I could speak again I told everybody the story of how something landed in my mouth and we all about died laughing. Dixie almost peed her pants! So, we finally make our way out of the ride in time to catch our ride picture and this is what we see...
Can you see the disgusted look on my face, like something landed IN MY MOUTH!?!?! I normally don't buy these pictures, but we had to get this one, because this time I did die laughing, and Dixie did pee her pants!!! Okay, neither of those things happened, but it would have been really funny if they had. Also, notice the two in the back, they probably got showered with spit and didn't even know it!
After that high point, we decided nothing would top it, and we went back to the hotel (okay, it was midnight and the park was closing...)
Thank you everybody for an awesome time!

5 comments:

  1. looks like a ton of fun!!! how awesome!!! i'm totally jealous!!! thats the sickest/funniest story ever! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun time. DId you parents move down there? I see posts with them on here frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sounds like you had soooo much fun. Good for you! you deserved it! Oh and I loved the spit story. I gagged as I was reading and laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome that you guys had such a great time. Us mommies need some time away every now and then :) And oh my goodness that story is halarious! But the picture makes it even funnier!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had sooo much fun!! i love reading your blog! You have such a wonderful family!

    p.s
    Can you send me your address, Vanessa, Kelly and Kims and Marions??? if you have them handy! =)
    kari.l.albers@gmail.com
    I want you to get a invite!!!

    ReplyDelete