Sunday, February 20, 2011

Liam's Birth Story

Because of a friend that I have met recently who is interested in my birth stories I decided to just blog about the ones that haven't been blogged yet. This is Liam's story...

Liam Jefferson Peavoy

Liam Jefferson Peavoy, born August 26th, 2003. 8 lbs, 12 oz.
Liam was due on August 30th, and because he was my first pregnancy Dr. Jochim (I had my first two babies in the hospital with Dr. Jochim) thought I might go late. My Mom was down visiting a week before I was due and Dr. J stripped my membranes thinking that might help me go early, but my Mom ended up having to leave before he came. On Monday, August 25th I started having labor pains at Kym and Adam Woods house at around 11:00pm. They were pretty steady so Kym, who has had 7 kids, suggested we go for a walk. After walking around the block for a while the contractions were 1 -2 minutes apart so we headed to the hospital. After we checked into the hospital they measured me and I was only 4 cm dilated so we
decided to walk around the hospital to speed it up. Because I was already a 4 they wouldn't let me leave and we ended up staying in the hospital over night. Finally, when I was 7 cm dilated, Dr. J broke my water. When I hit 10 cm they put my feet in stirrups and started I started pushing. Kym Wood was there and acted as my Doula, and Bill held my hand. I remember at one point I was pretty tense and he tried to make me laugh, but I guess I felt like birthing was supposed to be a serious thing and I yelled at him. I still feel guilty 7 1/2 years later! I've lightened up quite a bit now! I don't know how long I pushed, but it felt like forever. When I was 18 I went cliff diving off an 80 foot drop. When I hit the water I landed wrong and ended up tearing myself up in my "birthing area" pretty bad. I guess, because of this injury and the scar tissue, I just couldn't stretch right, so I ended up having an episiotomy. As soon as Dr. J cut me Liam kind of just fell out. Liam was born at 11:16 am. He was 8 lbs, 12 oz. A good size, healthy, beautiful baby boy.

I remember when I looked at Liam for the first time I thought no baby could ever possibly be as beautiful as the one we had just helped create.
The "birthing team" minus Dr. Jochim.I looked on line for a picture of Dr. Jochim holding a cute baby or something, this is what I found!!! I LOVE it! Dr. J loved hunting so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment