Sunday, January 18, 2009

Baby Boy Peavoy

Welcome to the world the newest Peavoy Boy.....

Obadiah Franklin Peavoy

He was born at 6:01 pm, Saturday, January 17, 2009.
Because of the ease and the beauty of Mosiah's birth I wanted to share this experience with my Mom, and whoever else wanted to be there. Kelly and Vanessa decided to come too and Vanessa even brought Sonnie! It was a very crowded, hands on, wonderful experience! I had my first contraction at 3:50 pm, and was afraid it might be another false labor (like a couple of weeks ago... 24 hours of contractions that were 4 minutes apart!) so I waited awhile before I called anyone. After it got to the point that I was unable to stand or move or even breathe through the contractions I realized it was the real thing, and started calling everyone who was supposed to be there as I was home alone.
Bill arrived shortly after the phone call. Vanessa came to get the other boys, so she could drop them off with Jake, pick up Kelly, and come back for the birth, which she predicted would happen around 8:00ish. Cindy (our awesome midwife) was at a restaurant, and said she would pack it up and be there shortly. She later told us that they had just ordered the meal, and they had to tell the waitress that Cindy had to go deliver a baby, could they put a speed on it? The waitress ran the food out to the car just before they drove away! My Dad called while I was in the middle of a huge contraction so I just yelled, "text Mom, tell her I'm having a baby and she needs to come home now!" and Dad went "OH!! OKAY!" and hung up. Unfortunately Marion was at work, and unable to attend the birth, and we sure missed her!
After Vanessa left with the kids I couldn't even get out of bed anymore, so I just laid there and breathed through the contractions while people started to show up. My mom made it and immediately started making lasagna for everyone! Cindy showed up and saw the shape I was in and instead of doing what she normally does with her tools (I'm really not sure what that is, but it doesn't matter) she gave them all to my mom, told her to throw them in a pot of water, and boil them... To which I replied "Ahhh, so you really do boil water at a birth!"
When Cindy checked me she told me that I could start pushing whenever I wanted to, and that was all well and good, except Kelly and Vanessa weren't there yet. Vanessa ended up calling and Bill said "If you aren't here in 3 minutes you are NOT going to make it." So they jumped in the car right then and started on their way. Meanwhile, back on the bed I'm trying to wait until they get here. I know I can hold a baby in for a least a little while because of our adventures in Mosiah's birth story!
When I finally heard their car pull up I rolled off my side and onto my back and decided to let that baby out! When his head crowned I yelled out "the ring of fire!!!" to the amusement of all involved. After Obi's head came out I was surprised to feel that his body didn't slide right out. I said "Is his head out?" and they all said "Yes..." plus more stuff like, "awww" and "he's so red" and so on, and I'm going "THEN WHY DOES IT FEEL LIKE THERE'S A HEAD RIGHT THERE???" and they go "Oh, you have to push his shoulders out!" Well! I've never had to do that before, so I pushed and out he came. Um, ouch! Those shoulders were a bear! I actually tore delivering his body, but not his head!!!
Anyways, it was a quick labor from start to finish, 2 hours and 11 minutes, and the end result was beautiful.
We let Kelly cut the umbilical cord, and then we all looked at the little cutie. They placed bets on how big he was (anywhere from 8 1/2 to 9 lbs seemed to be the going rate), and then we all ate dinner. Cindy was so hungry! She did share her fries with me, and they were YUMMY!
After we all ate (including little Obi) they did the weight and measurements for Obi.
He weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs 14 oz (that's almost 10 lbs.... WHAT????) and he was 22 inches long. (I would like to point out that he may have been over 10 lbs because he pooped 3 times before they actually weighed him!)
The birthing crew: Cindy (midwife) and Joan (my Mommy)(Sisters in Law) Kelly (cut the cord) and Vanessa (delivered the placenta.... ewww)Cousins!!! Obadiah and Sunny!
Obi and the boys:

If you feel like looking at the Peavoys other birth stories...

10 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so glad that both you and Obadiah are healthy! He's adorable!! So stinkin' precious!! and big!!! You make child birth sound so easy....!!!I'm glad everyone was able to make it on time too!! goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kym! All your boys are so beautiful and healthy, i am so so happy for you and Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!! He is darling! Hugs!

    Oh and ignore the fact that my name is coming up carlson02... my blog is screwing up :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Kym!! Obadiah is so stinkin cute:) You have such a cute family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, all of the Peavoy family. Obadiah is adorable, just like Liam, Ezra and Mosiah. Can't wait to come and see all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats you guys. what a beautiful addition to an already perfect family. so nice of you to wait for everyone. my attitude was get it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a big boy!!!!!!!!! and is he ever dang cute!! I love his name. you are so amazing. i dont think i could deliver without drugs. im in awe. super mom. enjoy your little one! much love from all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    is it wierd that i totally teared up reading about his birth?! awe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS!! He is darling and BIG!! Good work. I am so glad that everything went so well for you. I hope you are getting some rest and all those little boys are loving there new baby brother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oops that last comment was from me kelsey. signed in under spencer. sorry to confuse you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! 10 lbs!! wow, HUGE congrats! I can't believe I didn't check your blog sooner! he's so beautiful! congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete