Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Family: A Proclamation to the World - Post #5

10 Steps to Happiness
Post #5

4. Repentance

Everybody makes mistakes. We have been given the Atonement gracefully by our Savior, Jesus Christ. He literally gave His life so that we could live with Him and our Father in Heaven after this earthly life. He doesn’t want us to live our lives out in guilt and suffering. When I have done something that I know isn’t quite right I can be known to dwell on that thing. Wondering what I should or could have done better. I beat myself up. This does not help me be a good parent. This makes me grumpy and sometimes angry.

Repenting frees us from our guilt, our burdens are lifted when we give them to the Lord. Repenting also frees our families from our burdensome behavior.


We also need to remember to apologize to those we have hurt. This is especially important in family relationships. Things can be tough when we share a space with someone every day. Keeping our family relationships peaceful through repentance and forgiveness can eliminate a lot of the drama we can all experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment