Thursday, March 3, 2016

The Family: A Proclamation to the World - Post #6

10 Steps to Happiness
Post #6

5. Forgiveness



Sometimes it is hard to forgive. Sometimes we have what seems like every reason not to forgive someone, but the Lord still commands us to forgive those who have wronged us. Recently I was reviewing the Lord’s prayer in one of my Religion classes. We went over the passage that says “And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors” which I always thought meant “please forgive me, and I will forgive others”. My instructor pointed out however, that it can also be interpreted to mean that when we forgive our debtors, our debts too will be forgiven. The hardest time to forgive is when no apology has been offered, but holding grudges can eat us up inside, just like guilt, and that is why it is just as important to forgive those who have wronged us as it is to repent of our sins.

Kids, don’t forget to forgive your siblings, just like you want them to forgive you. And sometimes, you have to forgive your parents too, because adults are not perfect, even though sometimes we might act like we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment