Monday, December 3, 2007

"Candy" House

Last night we built a gingerbread house as a family, minus poor Mo, who tried, but couldn't make it past making the icing, he did taste the icing though, and he loved it! It was a very fun project, but it took a lot longer than it probably should have. The boys were a big help at first, until they discovered that the candy was real, and then they just ate and ate. I finally had to cut them off when we didn't have enough sweet tarts to do the walk way, but trust me, they had plenty!



The gingerbread kit came with an icing bag, which was very fun to use (it was my first time). I had to put it down for a second though, while I was covering up the left over icing, so I had Liam hold it for me. He was so stressed out. He kept yelling at me frantically that he didn't want to get it on his pants (meanwhile his shirt was covered in a big chocolate milk stain). Just as I went to grab it the plastic end got pushed inside the bag and it started leaking all over Liams pants, how funny is that? It also got all over the floor and down his arms. It was sooooo funny. I was laughing so hard, but Liam wasn't. Nope, he was very upset. He put his hands on his hips, and stared at me with his best "angry" face, and said "SEEEEEE, I TOLD YOU I DIDN'T WANT IT ON MY PANTS!!!" It was so cute! He got over it later.

Ezra has started hiding when I bring the camera out, or he just refuses to look at it. He is soooo sick of taking pictures, poor guy. It's only going to get worse!

1 comment:

  1. looks like a prett sweet house! I am looking forward to when Rob's family gets together to make such houses. I think that we will do a train this year for our house.

    I do have to say that you did a pretty good job!!

    ReplyDelete